Hey all! Okay so I mentioned in my last post that I’ve been on a trying-new-recipes-spree lately, and I’m seriously on a roll. The other day I made some spinach lasagna, and I’ve made this a few times before, but never like the recipe that I found online. Okay first of all, I was browsing www.pinterest.com last week and came across Spinach Lasagna Rolls. I was like “hmmm, some rolls?” So I clicked on the picture and it linked me to a site that I am now obsessed with, which is another blogger who has TONS, and I mean TONS of recipes on her site. The website is called www.budgetbytes.com, and she explains each step of her recipes as straight forward and as easy as can be. And being that I don’t eat meat anymore (As of January 2014), I’m always in search of something new and fun to eat.
I’m such a fan of quick prep time when I cook. With 2 busy toddlers running around all day, I’m not trying to be in the kitchen for hours, because let’s face it: At the drop of a hat I could hear “MOMMMMMMMMMMMYYY!!!” Followed by crying because Ze pushed Vito down or Vito threw a ball and it inadvertedly hit Ze in the head. So yeah, I’m on borrowed time lots of the time. Anyway, This recipe calls for minimum ingredients, but you can add whatever you’d like, and for the meat eaters, whatever meat (ground beef or whatever) that you’d like:
-2 packages of frozen spinach
-One package of lasagna noodles
-2 eggs (Well budgetbytes said 1 but I LOVE eggs. Next time I might even do 3 eggs)
-Salt and pepper to taste
-15 ounces of ricotta cheese
-Grated Parmesan cheese
-1 Jar of marinara sauce (but when I do this again, I’m going to use a jar and a half) I like my food kind of wet. 🙂
-1 package of cream cheese (This is optional, and you can totally add whatever kind of cheese you like.)
-1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
-Non stick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- First get a large pot of water, and wait for it boil. Once it boils, add the lasagna noodles. Per her instructions, the noodles should cook about 12-15 minutes.
- While noodles are boiling, prepare your filling for the inside the lasagna. Thaw the packages of frozen spinach in microwave. Then combine mozzarella, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and pepper, and salt if you cook with that. Stir until smooth.
- Get a glass casserole dish and spray the bottom with non-stick spray.
- On clean surface (I used a brown paper bag from Whole Foods and tore it in half to lay the noodles flat. Place filling (cheeses and spinach) 3/4 the length of the noodle.
- Roll the noodles up and put in casserole dish.
- Repeat until all the filling is gone.
- Pour marinara sauce over the rolled noodles. (I would pour very generously, as I love sauce.)
- Cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes.
|After it’s been baked!|
4 replies to “Spinach Lasagna! (With a Twist!)”
That looks so good will try ASAP ! ��������
It's so good! Let me know how it turns it sis!
Will do 🙂