Happy Monday Fabbies!! I hope 2022 is off to a fantastic start for you guys!! We didn’t get a chance to chat the first four months of the year (my apologies!), but that’s okay because we’re here now! For today’s post I wanted to share something fun about myself, and that is 10 things I cannot live without. Sidenote, can I just point out that I am turning 40 this year?!!! OMG!!! I think about this often and it still blows my mind. I can still remember when I was going away to college! How tf am I almost forty?! Should I apply for an AARP card yet or…? Let me know.
Anyway, as I have gotten older, I have found that there are just some things in life that I absolutely cannot live without. Of course we ALL need food, water, air, etc to survive, but for this post I’m talking about things that I ‘need’ that give me comfort, things I absolutely adore, and/or make my life easier somehow. We all each have our favorite things, so today I am sharing what some of mine are!
Here is a list of 10 random things that I cannot live without, in no particular order.
- Water. Okay this is obvious, but not in a way that you may think. I love water. I love to drink water. I love to be around bodies of water (lakes, oceans, rivers, ponds, whatever!) I am also a water sign, so maybe that’s where a lot of this stems from. I keep a glass of water or water bottle around me 24/7 because I am always drinking water throughout the day. When I feel like I need a good soul cleanse I will jog to the lake in our city and spend time there for awhile. When I leave to start my journey home from the lake I always feel so much lighter and more…healed! Being around water like the ocean, a pool or lake always brings me a sense of peace and calm that cannot be replicated with anything else.
2. My Children. Okay this may be a bit obvious too. I love my children beyond what any words could attempt to describe. My kids have been apart of my everyday life for the past 9 and 10 years, and as they have grown up, so have I.
Being Zé and Vito’s mother has been such a spiritual experience for me, as I get to watch in real time as they grow, reach milestones, develop their little personalities, face their fears, and so much more. I actually enjoy hanging out with them! They make me laugh, they are so affectionate but also equally embarrassed by my antics, I get their opinion on things…It’s just so fun to watch them grow into these special little humans.
My kids’ very existence has helped me meet myself over and over again, and I am just so grateful to have the unconditional love that exists in their little selves around me. Now that’s not to say that I want to be around them all the time, that they don’t test every ounce of patience I have in my body, or that they never get on my nerves, because honey THEY DO! But I am just happy that they chose me to be their mama. 🙂
3. Onesies. If you have been following me for a while, then you now by now that I absolutely love adult onesies. Years ago I wrote a blog post were I spent a week in onesies. You can read that post here. I wear them around the house, when I travel, run errands, sleep, where ever!
I love them so much that I started a onesie clothing line! Aside from onesies, which *ahem* are called “Cozēsuits”, I also design loungewear such as robes, pajamas, house slippers, and more:
I designed this clothing line with myself in mind over the years. How do I want to look and feel when I’m at home AND/OR when I’m out and about? On vacation? And the number 1 answer is always “cozy”. But not only cozy, but also stylish and the opposite of boring! Cozy is partly where the name comes from. The other part of the brand name is inspired by my kids! “CozēV” (pronounced “Cozee-Vee”) is largely named after Zé and Vito. Zé’s whole name is of course included in the brand name, and the “V” stands for Vito:
My clothing line caters to both men and women, so if you and your boo want to do a matchy-matchy situation I’ve got options for y’all!
Take a look around. See if there’s anything that tickles your fancy. 😉
4. Music Y’all. Music is life! It’s life I tell ya! I love music of all kinds. The beats, the lyrics, the cadences of how the words are delivered. Yes! I love it all! I listen to music while I design, clean, grocery shop, honey I’m always in my playlist! Music is all about storytelling, and music connects us to something larger than ourselves because we find that the artists behind the music often mirror our lives, or our emotional states. Whether it be love, sadness, anger, bliss, or anything in between, music sometimes speaks the words that don’t have. This is why we resonate with certain Lyrics and sounds so deeply. Music is healing!
Here are some albums and songs I have in rotation on my playlist currently:
5. Slide Shoes. A shoe that I can wear for the rest of my life and be fine with it, are slide shoes. The most comfortable shoes ever. I wear them all year round. In the winter time throw some socks on with them and boom. You’re warm. I think being an athlete my entire life and putting slides on after a practice or game for comfort has just stuck with me. One day I will get a proper picture of my entire slide/flip flop collection, but until then y’all can see photos of me wearing slides, because well they’re the best style of shoes ever
6. Pen and Paper. I write down everything. I doodle. I draw. I design. I write goals. I sketch. I make lists. I journal. I write! Even though iPhones have the “Notes” app which I also use daily and often, there’s nothing that compares to good ole fashioned putting pen (or color pencil), to paper. At the beginning of this year I also launched another brand, Zodiac Fabbies, where I sell journals for each zodiac sign.
When I travel I make sure to bring a notebook or journal and a few good ink pens (Pilot ink pens are my favorite brand) with me, because you just never know when inspiration, an idea, or list making will hit:
I am one of those weirdos who actually enjoys running for fun. But the fun of running is not just about running. It also about being outdoors. Feeling the wind blow as I navigate the land. The possibility of new adventures every time I leave the house because I truly never know what I might see. And then the actual aspect of running is special because I know that not everyone is able to just go out and run, and I am grateful that I am able. That my body has been strong enough to handle different terrains, cities, and countries, building so much confidence over the years that I can handle myself “out in the world”, in any weather condition (I’ve run in it all: rain, snow, desert heat, you name it.) To me running equals freedom.
8. Outdoor Space and Sunshine . After living in 3 countries and over 13 cities worldwide, I know exactly what I want and need when it comes to where I’m living. I have found that I am at my happiest and most content when I have an outdoor patio or balcony situation in my home. You guys know I like being outdoors as I mentioned earlier whenever I’m running. So to be able to go outside and sit comfortably somewhere whether it be a balcony/patio/terrace is imperative for me. This may also have something to do with the fact that I’m a smoker, so being outside and comfortable is something I can always deeply appreciate. And when the sun is shining, that’s a huge bonus:
9. My favorite Camouflage Trucker hat.
If you know me, then you know I love a good hat or scarf. My absolute favorite hat of all time though is my camouflage hat that I got when I was living in LA 7 years ago. Y’all when I tell you I wear this hat with everything!? I love this hat so much because it really is a great neutral, and because it’s a snapback, I can adjust it based on what hairstyle I currently have. It works well when I have braids or twists, and equally when I’m rocking my natural hair too. I plan to keep this hat until it literally falls apart…or forever. Whichever comes first. 😉
10. Marijuana (Weed). I technically can live without it because I regularly detox from it. However, if I had to choose between having it and it having it, I would always choose to have it. Weed gives me energy, relaxes any nerves that may arise, amplifies my happiness, and also seems to open up a whole new layer of thinking and ideas. Marijuana puts a magnifying glass on our feelings and thoughts, and when used intentionally, can help us explore inner workings of ourselves that we may have pushed aside while sober. Weed is healing. I will forever be team plants and the great herb, and really if you know me then you also know that weed being on the list is a “duh” moment. I just added it last because you know, I’m a classy bitch and all. Bahahahahahahaha
The beauty of getting older is getting a chance to experience life, and figure out just what you want and need out of it. This is really a lifelong journey, and because our wants and needs change over the course of our lives, this list may look different in another 10 years. I think the key here is always making space for the things that you love, and eliminating the things that no longer serve you.
What are some things you can’t live without? Do tell me!
Have a wonderful week Fabbies and happy May!