Hey Fabbies! Whew! It’s been a while right?! Pardon me pardon me! I’m not gonna say “I’ve been sooooo busy!” or anything predictable like that, but I will say, blogging has definitely been put on the back burner for the last few months. (I mean, this post was supposed to be posted November 21st on my actual birthday!) But no worries because I am back!
For the last several birthdays, I wrote a “birthday post” for my blog. (You can check those out here,
And I just knew that I wanted to do a birthday post this year too, simply because I haven’t chatted with you guys in a while, and I always feel that with each new trip around the sun, there is so much that changes, or that I have learned, so I absolutely must share it! So this post may just turn into a stream-of-consciousness blog with me updating you guys on my life, what I’m loving, and everything else in between!
Also, before I continue, I just wanna shoutout the people who have been coming to my blog to check and see if there is anything new posted. From far and wide, ya’ll continue to rock with me, and I am so grateful for you! I love you guys! And because of the lack of blog posts over the last few months, I am going to make up for it by posting a few times a week for the entire month of December!
Okay, so what I will do is share all the new stuff that I’m doing/liking/eating/watching/listening to during this past year. From last birthday to present day. Let’s start with food! Over the last several months, I have kinda turned into a little chef. A Martha Stewart. A Susie Homemaker. A Chef Roble. For real. Okay not for real, but in other words, I have been cooking my ass off! Ha! I have cooked more new recipes this entire year than the last 4 years combined. Probably. I’m not really counting, but it’s something like that. The biggest thing that’s become almost an obsession is making homemade sauces and dips. If you know me know me, then you KNOW I love a good dipping sauce! I may have said this before, but I am the condiment QUEEN! I love a good sauce and dip. And this is mostly because I am not a fan of dry food. Got some chips? Oh I need a dip or salsa to go with those. Got a sandwich? Load up the condiments! So naturally, in my quest of whipping up meals in the kitchen, I have really grown an affinity to making my own…everything. Here is a list of things that I now make homemade, and probably will never buy from the store again:
- (vegan) mayonnaise
- ranch dressing (an updated version from the one posted on my blog from years ago.)
- tahini sauce (if you don’t know what this is, don’t worry, when I post the recipe I will break down what it is, and what it can be used for. So good!)
- cheese sauce
I make these sauces on a as-needed basis, which ends up being about once a week or so. The good news for you guys is that I will share those recipes with you soon! They all are super easy, so stay tuned for those. I will say that if you plan to make any of these, go ahead and get a blender if you don’t already have one. Having a blender makes life so much easier when it comes to cooking. ESPECIALLY if you’re a vegan. You can practically make entire meals using your blender. I also have an updated version of the vegan rotel dip recipe, where this time, everything is made from scratch, except for the vegan “meat”. It is a healthier version of the original recipe, but you can find that vegan rotel dip HERE.
Aside from making dips, I’ve also been making desserts! I’ve made sweet potato pies, blueberry pecan pies, banana nut muffins, and all types of shit including homemade chocolate chip cookies. I will share those recipes eventually too. I’m telling you, I’ve been getting busy in the kitchen!
Also, up until a few weeks ago, I had not really had a real skin care routine. I would just sort of wash my face in the shower, then moisturize with coconut oil afterwards. This had been working seemingly fine for years, up until I started increasing my days outside running over the last 5 months. I now run every day, taking days off after every 3rd day. So as I’m exposed to dirt, sand, and wind everyday running outside, my poor face takes a beating! So as my face accumulates dirt, I have to really get in there and wash it for real for real, or else I will experience breakouts like a pre-pubescent teenager.
This has led me to research natural skincare products. I came across an all-natural skincare line called Ancient Cosmeticz. Ya’ll. I am in so love. I only just started using their products a few weeks ago, but I absolutely love it! I use their Even Skin Face Wash, body butter, and moisturizer face cream pictured below:
Their products go on my skin so smoothly! But not only that, they smell so dang good too! AND! The most important part: they are made with all natural ingredients with absolutely no toxic chemicals. The less ingredients that any food or product has, the better. Always remember that. But so far, the products are super moisturizing to my skin, and I always feel so revitalized after washing my face. I’m almost out of my face cream already, so I can’t wait to try their other stuff. They have definitely gained a fan!
Aside from establishing a new skincare routine–a real one lol–I have also been plugging away at Raven Collection. Whew! That is one of the main reasons why blogging has taken sort of a backseat over the last few months. But I’m not gonna talk your head off about it. When I launch, you’ll see why it was well worth the wait. 😉
When I am sketching and designing, I love to listen to music and to podcasts. I actually created a playlist just for that purpose, and I am always adding new songs. Some of the artists that I listen to are Jhene Aiko, Meek Mill, Tory Lanez, Adele, Enya, Lil Baby, The Weeknd, Ella Mae, Sabrina Claudio, Cee lo Green, Bob Marley, Cardi B, Beyoncé, Sade, Miguel, Jay Z, Pusha T, Nipsey Hussle, Janet Jackson, Snoh Aalegra, and Kid Cudi, just to name a few.
Random mix, but I love my playlist!
When I’m not listening to music, I do enjoy a good podcast. I have four that I least to regularly, but I am always open to listening to new ones, so if you have suggestions, please let me know in the comments! But here are my favorites:
- Amanda Seales: Small Doses-Amanda Seales is an actress, author, comedian, entertainer, and just all around dope chick. She lives her life unapologetically, and I love her for that. Her podcast is pretty much an extension of all of that, Small Doses is hilarious and entertaining. She discusses everything from relationships, friendships, sex, politics, and everything in between. She draws from her own personal experiences, and has a dope way of storytelling during her podcasts. She also answers listeners questions, and has guests on her show (which are people she actually knows in real life), so that makes for such an entertaining podcast. She puts out new episodes every Wednesday.
- Myleik Teele-I’ve written about this woman before. I love her! She is the quintessential businesswoman, being the founder and CEO of Curlbox, which is a monthly subscription box that supplies haircare products for curly/natural-haired women (and men). She has been podcasting for years, and drops gems on business tips, friendship, travel, motherhood, and so much more. I never miss a new podcast of hers! I posted about her a few years ago, which you can read more about HERE.
- Girl Boss with Sophia Amoroso-Sophia Amoruso is another successful woman that I find incredibly inspirational. She founded NastyGal years ago, an online retailer that had thee cutest clothes and accessories. She later transitioned into an entirely new role, founding Girl Boss, which mission states: ” We exist to redefine success for millennial women by providing the tools and connections they need to own their futures.” The podcast is just another extension of the brand, and there Amoruso interviews other successful “Girl Bosses”, and I often learn something new from listening each time. I love the podcast too because there are women from so many different industries who have become successful, and I end up following them on Instagram so I can follow their journeys. It’s just super inspirational!
- The Casey Crew with DJ Envy and Gia Casey-This husband/wife podcast duo is just so good. DJ Envy, who is a radio host for Power 107.5 “The Breakfast Club”, and his wife Gia Casey have been podcasting for a few years, and talk discuss current events, raising kids (they have five children), relationship challenges, trying to find the work/family balance, and everything in between. They are very open and candid, and it is so entertaining to hear the husband/wife banter that they provide.
I have so many great blog posts for you guys this month, that will surely make up for the lack of posts over the last several months. Also, as I enter this new year, I vow to start sharing my craft more with you guys. Of course you know that I’m a “blogger” or fashionista, but I am also a designer dahlinggggg. A designer designer. Up until now, I kind have held my designs sort of “close to the vest”, as an overprotective artist of her work. You guys see the finished products of some of my designs, but I know that sharing the process, the sketches as they come to my head, and the craft, are also things that you guys would want to see as well. So I will share. My designs are really just an expression of me and my personality, depicted through fashion and art. So I do hope you enjoy, and will definitely share more with you in the future.
Have a wonderful weekend Fabbies!